Join us Sunday, November 9, 2023 at Anacostia Park for the Girls on the Run - DC (GOTR-DC) Community 5K Celebration, a fun-filled and empowering event that brings together our community to support and celebrate the achievements of GOTR-DC program participants.
- Date: Sunday, November 19, 2023, rain or shine!
- Location: Anacostia Park (894 Howard Rd. Washington, DC 2002)
- Time: Pre-race fun begins at 7 am, 5K starts promptly at 8 am
- Early-registration price of $35 ends Sunday, October 15
The GOTR-DC Community 5K is not just a race; it's a celebration of the incredible teams who have worked hard during the 10-week fall season. Each Girls On The Run (grades 3-5) and Heart and Sole (grades 6-8) team come together to use their newfound skills and cross the finish line with a remarkable sense of strength and resilence.
This family-friendly day also features a variety of engaging activities and entertainment for all ages. Participants and spectators can look forward to face painting, music, dancing and more!
All Are Welcome
Whether you're a seasoned runner, a casual walker, or you prefer to roll or push in your own unique way, we encourage you to sign up and join us. Our 5K is all about embracing your own happy pace and celebrating your individual journey. You can register as a:
If you've never participated in a 5K before or just need a refresher, don't worry. We have a downloadable Training Guide to help you prepare and make the most of your experience.
Volunteer and Make a Difference
Is running or walking a 5K not your cup of tea? Consider volunteering. Your support helps make the event a success and contributes to our overall mission. You can sign up to volunteer here.
Plan Your Trip to the 5K at Anacostia Park
- To get to the course via public transit, take the Green Line to the Anacostia metro station. Exit towards the “Parking Kiss & Ride” signs, and walk 5-10 minutes to the pre-race area. Please check WMATA for the latest on potential delays.
- To get to the course via rideshare or taxi, get dropped off at the intersection of Good Hope Road, SE and Martin Luther King Jr, Ave SE and take the short walk down Good Hope Road into Anacostia Park.
(GPS: 1107 Good Hope Rd. Washington, DC 20020).
- If you plan on driving, free parking is available in the Anacostia Metro parking garage, and you can enter on Howard Road SE (GPS: 894 Howard Rd. SE, DC 20020) Anacostia Park will be closed to vehicular traffic, so you will not be able to park inside of the park.
- ADA parking will be available where Good Hope Road enters Anacostia Park.
Questions? More information and FAQs about the 5K can be found at www.gotrdc.org/5K.
About Girls on the Run - DC
Girls on the Run-DC is a life-changing program that empowers young girls, in grades 3rd - 8th, to become confident, joyful, and healthy individuals through interactive lessons, dynamic discussions, and running games. Our program isn't just about running; it's about developing crucial life skills, fostering friendships, and building a foundation for a lifetime of confidence and self-respect.